Business Development Manager – New York or Boston
- Knowledge of the Performance and Attribution industry, for Equity, Fixed Income, and Derivatives preferred
- Financial software sales (not custom builds, or IT services/consulting sales unless combined with software sales), preferably:
- Buyside (asset managers, asset owners, asset servicers, etc)
- Selling to c-level and executives at institutions, typically $20 billion AUM and above
- Middle Office, and perhaps Back Office
- Enterprise systems for Performance, Risk, Accounting, Compliance, Operations, OMS, Data Management (not data providers), etc
- Average sales of $200k to $500k annual license fees, and quota of $1.0 to $1.3 million per year
- Complex enterprise software sales experience, with sales cycles of 6 to 12 months
- Proven track record, achieving/exceeding quota, specifically in the last 3 to 5 years minimum
- Strong company commitment with career progression at most recent employer(s) – in other words minimal job hopping preferred
- New York City area based strongly preferred, potentially Boston area based for the right candidate
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Implementing Super Tier, Tier 1, Tier 2 & Tier 3 sales strategies and achieving personal revenue targets for your territory
- Prospecting for opportunities in your territories and growing BI-SAM’S presence within your designated target market
- Building strong relationships with key influencers in the market
- Handling the entire sales process from lead generation to closing (with the help of sales engineering, the management team, and in-house legal counsel)
- Demonstrating BI-SAM’s B-One product set to prospective clients (along with sales engineering)
- Ensuring a smooth client handover to the BI-SAM implementation team
- Creating accurate sales plans and forecasts on a regular basis
- Relaying prospect feedback to product management to ultimately determine solution(s)
- Reporting to Head of Sales, Americas
In order to be effective in this role, you will have:
- Experience in a Sales role in the Asset Management sector.
- Residency in New York (strongly preferred) or Boston for the respective territories
- A good working knowledge of the US Asset management market place, trends and dynamics.
- A college degree, preferably in finance or engineering, MBA preferred.
- A record as a strong team player
- A Track record in setting priorities and delivering sales targets
- Excellent communication (both oral and written) and presentation skills.
- The ability to work on your own initiative with limited need for direct supervision.
- High personal standards of integrity in treating others with dignity, honesty and respect.
- Excellent organizational skills and competency in prioritizing workloads
- Success in exceeding targets in a competitive environment
- Experience of CRM solutions, ideally Sales Force.com
- Proficiency with MS Office packages
Submit Your Application
Do you want a position combining project management, strong involvement in a challenging functional environment and clients relationship? To be considered for this position, submit your resume, CV and other relevant documents to email@example.com.